Sunday, August 24, 2008

Salzburg, Austria

This time I will bring you to Salzburg, Austria..I just forget it already if I already post about Salzburg before...if ever I did, I will post other photos here anyway...I hope that would be fine for you...I really had an adventure in Austria last June 2007 with a friend from UK...We went to different places in Austria last year and Salzburg is one where we went too....I considered this city lovely and beautiful...I just love it here..

So here are some photos for you to see..hope you have an idea about some countries in Europe too!!! that's all for now....keep visiting for more updates!! take care everyone..and I am always happy to see you here!! thanks a lot!!

inside the shop in Salzburg that sells Mozart's chocolates, wines, souvenirs and a lot more...the wax statue of the famous composer/musician, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart!!..see I'm striking a pose with my great great grandfather!!! wehehehe!!

in front of the Church In Salzburg..it is under renovation as we went here....

a bit info about Salzburg from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salzburg

Salzburg is the fourth-largest city in Austria and the capital of the federal state of Salzburg. Salzburg's "Old Town" with its world famous baroque architecture is one of the best-preserved city centres in the German-speaking world, and was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997. The city is noted for its Alpine setting. It is the birthplace of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and the setting for parts of the musical and film The Sound of Music, which features famous landmarks in Austria, but focuses mainly on Salzburg. Salzburg is also a student city, with three universities.

Geography:

Salzburg is on the banks of the Salzach river, at the northern boundary of the Alps. The mountains to Salzburg's south contrast with the rolling plains to the north. The closest alpine peak – the 1972 m Untersberg – is only a few kilometres from the city centre. The Altstadt, or "old town", is dominated by its baroque towers and churches and the massive Festung Hohensalzburg. This area is surrounded by two smaller mountains, the Mönchsberg and Kapuzinerberg as the green lung of the city. Salzburg is approximately 150 km east of Munich, Germany, and 300 km west of Vienna.

No comments:

ShareThis