Saturday, January 30, 2010

I Love Vienna, Austria

I am just remembering my adventure in Wien (in German) or Vienna, Austria last June 2007 with a friend. I have been to some places in Europe. Each and every places, cities or countries is unique and has its own beauty. if you have to ask me about Vienna, for me it is really a magnificent place with a lot to offer to its visitor. I am not so sure if Rome or Paris is more beautiful than Vienna. I have not been yet in these cities. I will be visiting these cities one of these days. By the end of the month, we are finally going to Paris. Thanks to a dear friend Liway who booked our trip. I just had a one day adventure with a friend here in Vienna and I believed a day to explore this capital city of Austria is not enough. I am hoping to visit it again next time. Here is a little info about the photo above taken in Hofburg in Vienna, Austria

photo taken in front of Hofburg

The Hofburg is the location of the Schatzkammer (treasury), holding the imperial jewels of the Habsburg dynasty. The Sisi Museum (a museum devoted to Empress Elisabeth Amalie Eugenie of Austria) allows visitors to view the Imperial apartments as well as the silver cabinet. Directly opposite the Hofburg are the Kunsthistorisches Museum and the Naturhistorisches Museum, which houses many paintings by old masters, ancient and classical artifacts.


Hofburg Imperial Palace

Hofburg Imperial Palace is a palace in Vienna, Austria, which has housed some of the most powerful people in Austrian history, including the Habsburg dynasty, rulers of the Austro-Hungarian empire. It currently serves as the official residence of the President of Austria. It was the Habsburg's principal winter residence, while Schönbrunn Palace was their preferred summer residence. The Palace was the birthplace of Marie Antoinette in 1755.

The Hofburg area has been the documented seat of government since 1279 for various empires and republics. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hofburg_Imperial_Palace

No comments:

ShareThis