Friday, May 22, 2009

I Was Shopping at the Bullring Mall in Birmingham, England

I did went shopping with a friend in Bullring Mall in Birmingham, England. I was amazed by the size and architecture of the mall. So far, this is the biggest shopping mall that I visited in Europe. I thought that it is only in my dreams to go here..but it was a dream come true! I truly had fun during my three weeks vacation in England. Thanks to all good friends whom I met once again in England. I miss you all guys!
sharing some photos of the Bullring Mall in Birmingham..I had a pose at the Bullring Bull too! I miss England!

The Bullring Shopping Centre was masterplanned and designed mainly by Benoy. The shopping centre consists of two main buildings (East and West Mall) which are connected by an underground passage lined with shops and is also accessible from St Martin's Square via glass doors.
The doors to both wings from New Street can be removed when crowds get large and queues develop at the doors. This feature also allows cars for display to be driven into the building. They are sheltered by a glass roof known as the SkyPlane which covers 7,000 square metres (75,000 sq ft) and appears to have no visible means of support. The two malls are different internally in design. The balustrades in the East Mall consist of integrated glass 'jewels' within the metal framework, and are of different colours formed through polyester powder coating. Touchscreen computers, developed by Calm Digital, are located throughout the building which allow a user to search for the location of a certain store or browse a map of the complex. It features a dramatic landmark building, housing a branch of Selfridges department store to a design by the Future Systems architectural practice. The store is clad in 15,000 shiny aluminium discs and was inspired by a Paco Rabanne sequinned dress. The Selfridges store cost £60 million and the contractor was Laing O'Rourke. Covering an area of 25,000 square metres (270,000 sq ft), the designs for the Selfridges store were first unveiled in 1999, not long before demolition of the original shopping centre began. The Selfridges store has won eight awards including the RIBA Award for Architecture 2004 and Destination of the Year Retail Week Awards 2004.

2 comments:

bluedreamer27 said...

hi euroangel
just dropping by here
by the way i just want to invite you in my upcoming fun game "blog idol 2"
dont worry the rules are very easy just give me the nine songs and thats it youre done with your part

i just made a personal page for you
hope you can drop by and join

http://blogidol09.blogspot.com/2009/05/euroangel.html

Euroangel said...

Hi Blue..thanks for the oppss...appreciate it so much!! ur great!! i'm done with it!!

ShareThis