Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Euro Travel in Harrogate, England

If I have the chance to live in England, I guess I want to stay in Harrogate. I love this place! It is clean and beautiful with all the historical sights around. It is also famous for its spa resorts and and nowadays is an important conference center. I visited a friend Ross, who is also my "kababayan" or fellow citizen back in the Philippines. I stayed in their apartment in the famous Parliament street. Thanks a lot Ross for the very welcoming and great accommodation. I miss you all there!

Here are some information about Harrogate courtesy of wikipedia.

Harrogate (or Harrogate Spa) is a spa town in North Yorkshire, England. The town is a popular tourist destination; its spa waters, RHS Harlow Carr gardens and Betty's tearooms are world famous visitor attractions. The town originated in the 17th century, with High Harrogate and Low Harrogate as two separate settlements. It lies close to Knaresborough and is in the Nidd valley.

Harrogate spa water contains iron, sulphur and common salt. In the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries especially, these 'chalybeate' waters (i.e. containing iron) were a popular health treatment, and the influx of wealthy but sickly visitors contributed significantly to the wealth of the town.

Harrogate railway station and Harrogate bus station in the town centre provide transport connections. Leeds Bradford International Airport is 10 miles (16 km) south west of Harrogate. The main road through the town is the A61, connecting Harrogate to Leeds and Ripon. Harrogate is also connected to Wetherby and the A1, by the A661. Harrogate has a population of over 70,000.

The town motto is Arx celebris fontibus, which means "a citadel famous for its springs.


say peace from Harrogate! I love this place!

No comments:

ShareThis