Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Euro Travel in Bayreuth, Bavaria in Germany

Let's go back to Bayreuth again! I believed I already posted some articles and photos about Bayreuth. It is the capital city of the Upper Franconia in Bavaria, Germany. I was trying to remember where this photo was exactly taken as we visited Bayreuth in August. I got it now, it was taken in Bayreuther Marktplatz or the so-called town square. This is my first time to visit the city. The last time as we went there, the streets in the Old City is under renovation. We also visited some sights in this city like the Heremitage or Ermitage Palace and the New Castle in Bayreuth. A day of seeing the whole city is not enough. I still wish to visit it next time.

You can also see in the background the Spitalkirche or Hospital Church which was built from 1748-1750. We were not able to visit the Church inside because it was closed. You can see a small water fountain in that monument. More updates to come! Have a wonderful start of October.
that's me striking a pose in Bayreuth's Town Square!

2 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great photogaph. Lots of stuff in it. New buildings, old buildings, a fountain, nice cloudy sky, and you.

RennyBA said...

Looking so Bavarian - the architecture (and not you) I mean ;-)

Happy October to you too!

RennyBA's Terella

ShareThis