Thursday, April 8, 2010

Reichstag Building in Berlin, Germany

This is quite ironic because I have been to the different places and capital cities in Europe but was never been in Berlin, Germany. The picture you see below is the Reichstag building in Berlin, Germany. It was taken by a friend during their visit to this city. It is one of the historical buildings in Germany where the parliament of the German Empire is housed called the Reichstag. I just told HB tonight if he can take a three day vacation to go with me in Berlin by the end of this month. I am not sure if there are Outer banks short sales going on in those days. HB told me that he cannot have a vacation leave until September. It means that I have to travel alone again this time if none of my friends also don't have time. I can't wait to visit Berlin and see the historical sights in this capital city of Germany.

The Reichstag building was made safe against the elements and partially refurbished in the 1960s, but no attempt at full restoration was made until after the reunification of Germany on October 3, 1990, when it underwent reconstruction led by internationally renowned architect Norman Foster. After its completion in 1999, it became the meeting place of the modern German parliament, the Bundestag.

No comments:

ShareThis