Monday, November 22, 2010

A Walk in Getreidegasse in Salzburg, Austria

Let's get going and travel Europe again! It's been a long time that I did not share about Austria. This time I am sharing about hte famous street in this city. The Getreidegasse, called in English as the Grain Lane is a busy and famous shopping street in the Altstadt or Old City of Salzburg. Good that I did not find here an ipod touch or else I might be buying one during my trip last time. Getreidegasse is one of the oldest streets in Salzburg. If you notice in my image here, you can see a lot of wrought-iron guild signs hanging above the building shops.

This street is also famous because Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, a well-known son of this city was born in this street at house at no. 9. Mozart is a famous composer and musician.

I had been to this city twice and if given the chance, I will still go back here in the future. I love this city!

No comments:

ShareThis