Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Visit To Warwick Castle in England

It was exactly three years ago when I had the chance to visit Warwick Castle in Warwickshire, England. This is a medieval castle located on a bend on the River Avon. This is where I spent the All Saints Day last Nov. 1, 2008. Thanks to my friend Loloy from UK for touring me here.

The castle was built by William the Conqueror in 1068 within or adjacent to the Anglo-Saxon burh of Warwick. It was used as a fortification until the early 17th century, when Sir Fulke Greville converted it to a country house. It was owned by the Greville family, who became earls of Warwick in 1759, until 1978.


a black and white photo I took when we visited it last Nov. 1, 2008.

while on our way to the main entrance of the castle..you can see a lot of pumpkins laying everywhere inside the castle compound.

No comments:

ShareThis