Friday, January 6, 2012

Walking on the Narrow Alleys of Toledo, Spain

I remember some words from an acquaintance I met in Las Vegas during my visit last 2008. He said that there are a lot of narrow streets in Europe. That is very true but we have to understand that there are a lot of historical places in Europe and these narrow streets and alleys especially in the old city centers were already made during the medieval period or even older times.

This is also true in Toledo, Spain. In its historical city center you can find labyrinths of narrow alleys. I find it very interesting as we walked on those alleys during our sightseeing tour. Toledo is a very nice place especially its old city center. Its setting on a mountaintop surrounded on three sides by a bend in the Tagus River made it very romantic. I thought I can only see it on books or in the internet but I was really there. That trip in Toledo was really a memorable one for me.

Don't miss to visit its famous sights such as the Cathedral of Toledo, the Alcazar and the Zocodover. You have to know that the Historic City of Toledo belongs to the list of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites.

an alley near the Zocodover, a central market place in Toledo. This was taken during our trip last December 2011.

another alley in its historic center. This is one of the alleys we walked through during our sightseeing tour. I love Toledo!

No comments:

ShareThis