Thursday, July 5, 2012

My Second Visit in Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic

Fourth of July 2012, I know that day was a very memorable one for our American friends. It was the same with me because during that day, I also visited for the second time Karlovy Vary. I was actually invited by some friends to go with them and I am so thankful about it. We had a wonderful time in this city and I was happy because I saw them enjoying the place. They love this city.

Karlovy Vary, also known as Carlsbad in English or Karlsbad in German is a city in Bohemia, Czech Republic. It is very famous for its spa and hot springs. Its whimsical architecture also made this city very well-known. Some famous people like Emperor Franz Josef I, Beethoven, Wagner, Tsar Peter the Great Tolstoy, and Marx visited this city for these reasons.

Karlovy Vary which also means Charles Bad was named after Charles IV, King of Bohemia and Holy Roman Emperor, who founded the city in 1370. Some famous people

There were quite a lot of people during our visit because  the Karlovy Vary  International Film Festival  is still going on. It started last June 29 and will last until July 7, 2012.  I guess it is the  highlight of our visit  there.

The Mill Colonnade. There were a lot of activities going on that day. Live bands, street performers and other  outdoor activities for children and persons  with disabilities  also took place.

Some colorful and nice buildings  in Karlovy Vary and the Tepla River that runs in this city.

We did not really saw everything in this city but at least  I am happy that I visited it again. Some of our time was spent shopping for Bohemian crystal. Our friends from the United States of America who were with us that day, also the reason why we went there, were so  happy about their experience in Karlovy Vary.

I believed, I will be visiting the city again in the future.

No comments:

ShareThis