Monday, July 28, 2008

Nove, Italy- Porcelain Shopping

One of the famous place for porcelain shopping in Italy is Nove. I was already in this place three times..The first time was in October 2004, October 2005 and April 2006. I really did not went around the city of Nove because we only went there in a bus trip with the main purpose of Porcelain shopping. There are lots of potteries here. We had been to lots of potteries here. of course, I won't be satisfied not buying some!!! I spent some amount of Euros. I am still hoping to be back next time!!!

here are some pix of my third trip last April 2006..hope to find some more pix during my first and second trip.....have a great day to all!! thanks for always viewing me here!!

Stella Ceramica in Nove Italy..also bought some ceramics and porcelain here..

in front of Botega del Ceramista in Nove, Italy.

at Devis Ceramics in Nova, Italia.
this is where I always buy the most porcelain and ceramics..they just sent me email last week saying that they will be here in Germany next month!!

As usual, I got something about Nove, Italy...courtesy of Wikipedia..thanks Wiki!!

Nove is a town and comune in the province of Vicenza in the region of Veneto, north-eastern Italy, with c. 5,000 inhabitants. It is located on the Brenta river, near Marostica and Bassano del Grappa.

The town is home of a local network of ceramic industries.

The name of the town comes from the antique Italian nove, in the meaning of "new". As matter of fact, the lands where the town is located where considered new because of the lowering of the level of the Brenta. The lowering of the river revealed soft lands rich of clay. The first artisans of the area started using the clay for the production of pottery.

No comments:

ShareThis