Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Euro Travel in Salzburg, Austria

I'm here again! I'm feeling fresh after relaxing inside the bath tub for almost an hour. We are visiting this time Salzburg, one's of Austria's great city and its 4th largest city. In the picture here, you can see Neptunbrunnen or the so-called Neptune's Fountain. It was built in 1772 by the sculptor Anton Pfaffinger and was one of the horse ponds of the Cathedral Chapter.

This city was listed in the UNESCO World Heritage in 1997. I find Salzburg very interesting and also worthy to visit. I will also share some more photos of the places and cities I visited in Austria. have fun viewing the photos in this site! I hope you also travel Europe through this blog.
going to places without taking a pose is not worthy...here is my photo in front of Neptune's Fountain.

GEOGRAPHY
Salzburg is on the banks of the Salzach river, at the northern boundary of the Alps. The mountains to Salzburg's south contrast with the rolling plains to the north. The closest alpine peak – the 1972 m Untersberg – is only a few kilometers from the city center. The Altstadt, or "old town", is dominated by its baroque towers and churches and the massive FestungHohensalzburg. This area is surrounded by two smaller mountains, the Mönchsberg and Kapuzinerberg as the green lung of the city. Salzburg is approximately 150 km east of Munich, 281 km northwest of Ljubljana, and 300 km west of Vienna. wikipedia

No comments:

ShareThis