Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Colosseum in Rome, Italy

Hello folks! I am slowly back in the blogosphere. The German-Pinay blogger is finally done with her Europe tour. It was quite a tiring but very amazing and interesting adventure. To start my post, I am sharing an image of the Colosseum in Rome, Italy. The Colosseo as it is called in Italian language, is an elliptical amphitheatre in the center of the city of Rome, Italy. It is considered to be the largest ever built in the Roman Empire and considered to be one of the greatest works of Roman architecture and engineering. It is located east of the Roman Forum.

I just want to remind you that I am not a professional photographer. I just love to take pictures of anything that catches my camera especially the interesting places I had been too. Here is an image of the Colosseum or Colosseo taken during our four-day adventure from August 11-14, 2010. More images to come next time.

The Colosseum or, The Coliseum, originally the Flavian Amphitheatre. Its construction started between 70 and 72 AD under the emperor Vespasian and was completed in 80 AD under Titus, with further modifications being made during Domitian's reign (81–96).

No comments:

ShareThis