Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Town Hall of Brussels , Belgium

Let's go travel Europe again! I still have a lot of travel experiences to share from our recent Europe tour but sometimes I just don't have enough time to do it. At least, I am slowly doing it when time is possible.

This time we will be visiting the beautiful Town Hall of the City of Brussels, the capital of Belgium. You can find this Gothic architecture in Grand Place or Grote Markt. It is called Hôtel de Ville in French since most if not all Belgians are speaking this language. This building is 96 meters high (315 ft) was was built from 1402-1420. The facade is decorated with various statues representing nobles, saints, and allegorical figures.

This is such an amazing atchitecture.

taken during my visit last August 2010

1 comment:

James said...

It's a wonderful picture! I was there in the begining of 2009 but it was pouring rain and my photos were terrible. Thankfully I'll be there again at the end of this month. I can't wait to see the beautiful architecture and taste the good food!

Thanks for sharing your photos!

ShareThis