Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Statues and Sculptures Inside Louvre Museum in Paris, France

I had been to Paris in France twice already. During my first visit in March 2009, I had the chance to go inside the Louvre Museum and saw some of its collections like the historical statues and sculptures.

Musée du Louvre, as it is called in French, officially named The Grand Louvre or simply the Louvre is considered to be one of the biggest museums in the world. It is also th most visited art museums in the world. It is housed in Louvre Palace built by Philip II during the 12th century. It contained hundreds of thousands of collections from the Medievel to Rennaisance and Modern eras.

I felt very lucky when I was able to go inside and saw some of its collections. A day inside the museum is not enough to see everything. Here are some of the images I took during my first visit last March 2009.


Religious Statues

Roman collections inside the Louvre Museum.

No comments:

ShareThis