Monday, September 12, 2011

My Top Places to Visit in Fiji

There are a lot of beautiful places to visit in this planet. I have a dream and wish to see some of those in the future when time and finances are available. Included in my travel wishlist is Fiji. I can imagine Fiji down under the globe. To make it sure, I just took a look of my small globe and world map and saw Fiji near the countries of Samoa to the east, Vanuatu to the west, Tuvalu to the north, France's New Caledonia to the southwest, France's Wallis and Futuna to the northeast, Tonga to the east and what else peeps? It is located in Melanesia in the South Pacific Ocean.

To understand Fiji weather is not so difficult since it is a tropical marine nation. It simply means that it is located near the equator with warm climate throughout the year.

Below are some of the top places I wish to see in Fiji

Suva is the capital of Fiji since 1877. It is located on southeast coast of the "main island" of Fiji, Viti Levu. It is the the major commercial and political centre of this country. I will for sure want to visit its Municipal Market and would love to try their tropical fruits. The Municipal Market seems to be a good place to shop for arts and crafts. I would love to buy here some Fiji souvenirs. If I have more time, I would like to go inside the Fiji Museum.

Another interesting place to visit is Nadi. It is the main and largest island of Fiji and known to be the main tourist spot in this country. For sure, I would like to see some of its famous sites. The Hindu Temple, the Wailoaloa Beach, Nadi Garden of the Sleeping Giant and maybe and overnight in Newtown Beach. A short shopping for souvenirs at the Nadi Town market is also worth it.

Rakiraki in Fiji by Ryan H.

The image of Rakiraki above is such a priceless landscape. It reminds of our home in the Philippines where you can see nice beaches and sea, blue sky and hills around. This town is also famous for its tourism and agriculture. I would love to see Navatu Rock in Vitawa, the island of Nananu-i-Ra and the quite creepy tomb of Ratu Udre Udre.

As a nature lover, I would like to have a relaxing trip in Nausori town which is dubbed as "the Paradise of the Green". A visit to Naq Kuti Mandir temple, Rewa Bridge, Korovou town and maybe a stay in Bau Beach is quite interesting. Experiencing the natural beauty of this town is also relaxing and meditating.

No comments:

ShareThis