Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Another Visit to Boleslawiec, Poland

Boleslawiec is a medieval town in Lower Silesian Voivodship, Poland. Pottery making is a long tradition in this town, thus being named as a as Miasto Ceramiki or "Ceramics City".

It was my second visit to this famous pottery town in Poland. My first visit was last May 2011. It was purely a pottery shopping trip. This time, we had the chance to have some sightseeing in its town center.

It was raining so hard when we drove to Poland last October 8, 2011 at 5:00 am. Together with some friends, we were very thankful that we arrived there and came home safely too. It was quite an adventure trip. My friend drove outside of Germany for the first time. I knew that she can do it. I admired her courage driving there.

Together with friends, I am quite happy and contented during our trip. It was a very adventurous trip and was full of surprises. One of these days, I will share some of the exciting experience we had there.

Here are some of the images I took during our visit.

a fountain taken in one of the squares in the town of Boleslawiec, Poland.

a church with Jesus statue in front. This is where we parked during our short sightseeing.

beautiful potteries in Boleslawiec. taken in one of the shops we visited there. I love what I got from this pottery town.

1 comment:

Ian | GoingRoamingWandering said...

This pottery is nice and looks like the Delft Blue of Netherlands.

ShareThis