Monday, March 5, 2012

Galerie de la Reine Koninginne in Brussels, Belgium

I am trying to think what to share here today. I just browsed and browsed my photo albums in my external hard drive and found this interesting building in Brussels, Belgium. You can see the name of this building because I also took an image of it. This is the Galerie de la Reine Koninginne, also known in French as The Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert and in Dutch, it is called Koninklijke Sint-Hubertusgalerijen.

We just happened to pass-by here while looking for the travel agency where we booked our bus tour to Amsterdam, Netherlands. This building is actually a glazed shopping arcade in Brussels. I guess the shops were still not open during the time we were there. It was still so early for such shopping arcade to open at 7:00 a.m.

I guess I have to stop now because the tour guide for our bus trip to Amsterdam is already coming. Just kidding folks. We really don't have have the chance to explore the interior of this building. I would love to do it in my next visit there.

Goodnight folks and I am hoping for more travels this year. In God's will!

The Royal Galeries of Saint-Hubert during our visit last August 2010.

The gallery consists of two major sections, each more than 100 meters in length (respectively called Galerie du Roi / Koningsgalerij, meaning King's Gallery, and Galerie de la Reine / Koninginnegalerij, meaning Queen's Gallery), and a smaller side gallery (Galerie des Princes / Prinsengalerij, meaning Gallery of the Princes). The main sections (King and Queen's Gallery) are separated by a colonnade at the point where the Rue des Bouchers / Beenhouwersstraat crosses the gallery complex. wikipedia.

No comments:

ShareThis