Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Visit to Strasbourg Cathedral, France

I chose randomly again the place that I will be featuring in this Europe travel blog. This time I want to introduce Strasbourg, the capital of the Alsace region of France. Some hours sightseeing is not enough to see everything in this city but I am glad that I was there and was able to experience some of its sights. One of it is the famous Strasbourg Cathedral.

Also known as the Cathedral of Our Lady of Strasbourg and called in French as Cathédrale Notre-Dame-de-Strasbourg, in German as Liebfrauenmünster zu Straßburg, is a Roman Catholic Cathedral in this city. It is considered to be one of the finest example of late Gothic architecture. Some of its parts are in Romanesque architecture. It's construction started in 1015 and was completed in 1439.

Don't miss to go inside once you are there and take a look of its 18-metre astronomical clock, one of the largest in the world.

The Strasbourg Cathedral during our visit last December 2010.

the interior of the Cathedral.

2 comments:

psychelyn said...

That is magnificent! I like old, very old churches. I like to feel the history that surrounds it. I'd like to share to you some old churches I've been to also.

http://psychelyn26.blogspot.com/2010/09/kazan-churches.html

Gracie said...

Wow! I am fascinated with architectural designs esp. churches and cathedrals.. or such like these! I already saw and visited some in Germany. Hope to visit Paris next year and see this one myself too.

ShareThis