Friday, November 16, 2012

Summer Trip in Insel Mainau in Lake Constance

Do you love plants and flowers like me?  One of the perfect place for you to visit in Germany is Insel Mainau. This beautiful island of Mainau (Insel  means island in English word) is a paradise for me.  During  my first visit last  August 2012, I feel in love with this island. This park and garden  is  truly a great  place  for me  to visit since I really love  flowers.

Mainau is a garden island in Lake Constance, known in German as Bodensee. It is one of the major  tourists attraction in this area. It belong to the Lennart Bernadotte-Stiftung (English: the Lennart Bernadotte Foundation), created by  Prince Lennart, formerly Prince of Sweden and Duke o Smaland.

During our visit, we  had a walk around the island, seeing various  plants and flowers of all kinds including exotic ones. I was truly amazed by the beauty of nature in this island. We also went inside the butterfly garden in the island. There, you can find varieties of butterflies and  information on  the stages of their life development.

The palace in Insel Mainau. There is a church located on the right side of  the palace.
Some of the flowers in the gardens  of  Mainau.
I took all these images during our trip last summer this year.

No comments:

ShareThis