Friday, November 23, 2012

Weekend Trip to Basel and Strasbourg

My hand carry luggage is finally packed. We will be having a weekend trip to two countries, Switzerland and France.  This is the best time of the year to visit Christmas markets in Europe.  One more sleep  and we will be visiting Basel,  Riquewihr and Strasbourg. At the same time we will also have some sightseeing in these places.

This will be my  second visit in Strasbourg, first time in Riquewihr and Basel. I have been to Switzerland  for around three times and this time I will be visiting another city, Basel. I will be going with some friends.  I know for sure, this trip will be interesting and full of fun again.

Buildings along the Ill River that flows in Strasbourg.  My first visit there was in December 2010.
The famous Christmas market  in Strasbourg  is scattered around the city. One is located around  Strasbourg Cathedral.
 Here are some information about  these places:

Strasbourg- the capital city of the Alsace region in France. It is  famous for its beautiful historical centre - the Grande Île - which was the first city centre to be classified entirely as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.

Riquewihr- A town in Alsace  which is popular for tourists. It is famous for its  historical architecture.

Basel- A city in Switzerland, is the third most populous city in the country. It is known for its medieval town. Basel is also rich in architecture old and new, with a Romanesque Münster (cathedral), a Renaissance Rathaus (town hall), and various examples of high quality contemporary architecture.

I will share more travel experiences when I come back from these places.

No comments:

ShareThis