Friday, June 14, 2013

A Lovely Day in Limone sul Garda, Italy

How's everyone? I hope you are  all doing great! I can't complain with my life at the moment. Besides, there is nothing to complain especially if we are happy and contented with our lives. In short, I am doing  great  and I am so thankful about it.

It was indeed a lovely day in Limone, Italy. The weather was sunny with a temperature of 24-28 degree Celcius. It was indeed a perfect day for sightseeing.
Boats in Limone,  Lake  Garda, Italy. I love the scenery in this part of the world!
Historical buildings in Limone sul Garda during our recent  visit in Italy.
From Riva del Garda,  we took the public  boat transportation  going to Limone. I would say, it was like a mini cruise in Lake Garda, also known in German as Gardasee. I had fun walking  in this fun and truly enjoyed the scenes around.

Here are some  information about this town:

Limone sul Garda is a town and comune in the province of Brescia, in Lombardy (northern Italy), on the shore of Lake Garda.
It has an abundance of cafes, restaurants and shops selling all manner of souvenirs, food and clothing, and the streets in summer are thronged with tourists.
The town was popular with writers such as Goethe, Ibsen and Lawrence, and more recently was used for filming parts of the James Bond film Quantum of Solace.
Despite the presence of famous cultivations of lemons (the meaning of the city's name in Italian), the town's name is probably derived from the ancient lemos (elm) or limes (Latin: boundary, referring to the communes of Brescia and the Bishopric of Trento). In 1863-1905 the denomination was Limone San Giovanni.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning place! Makes me wonder if I should move to Italy instead... I currently live in Canada.

Amazing wonders in my life said...

Thanks for sharing your experience.. it will help so many who are planning to visit

ShareThis