Thursday, August 22, 2013

Having Fun in Straubing's Gäubodenvolksfest

The festival is over! I heard over the radio last Monday that around 1.4 millions guests, tourists and locals who visited the second largest genuine folk festival in Bavaria. Gäubodenvolksfest is only second to the world's most famous Oktoberfest. I love the atmosphere better in Gäubodenvolksfest than the latter. It is more family-friendly and more people are wearing Dirndl and Lederhose.

View of the festival area as we were riding the Ferris wheel. Aug. 2013.
 I told some friends that this festival is a good one and there are a lot of things to experience there both for young and old ones. The so-called Ostbayernschau is also held together with the festival. It is considered as the biggest fair trade of eastern Bavaria. I visited this festival last 2010 and I did not know that there is a big hall on the other side of the festival area, where you can find various stalls selling different products. I happened to know about it because I was looking for a washroom and it is found in that hall.

Jewelry and accessories in one of the stalls in the hall.
I told my friends that there were some products in the big hall. As we go around, we found this stall that sells jewelry of all kinds. One of my friends was looking for gold but they don't have it there. I want to tell her that she might be interested about http://www.goldeneaglecoin.com/ who buys and sells gold of all kinds. One of friends ended up buying sterling silver jewelry and some precious stones. The other one bought stainless steel jewelry and other accessories. I only bought a sterling silver earring with a ruby stone in it. I love it and it is nicer as the one I bought in Turkey.

Ferris wheel, my fave ride everytime i go to a festival.
After our shopping escapade, we walk around again for children's ride. One of my friends brought with her her two children. We also tasted some foods, ice cream, etc. Since we have to catch the train at 8:00 PM, we hurry up to the train station to go back home.

I had fun during that day and I would love to visit Gäubodenvolksfest again and again!

No comments:

ShareThis