Tuesday, December 24, 2013

I would Love to Experience More Fasching in Germany

This is one of the things I love in Germany, the many festivals and celebrations you can experience all year round. Alone this month, most towns and cities in Germany are holding Christmas Markets. I am happy because I experienced it in many cities in this country.

Carnival parade in Hemau, Bavaria.
 Fasching or carnival is also one of my favorite festivals  in Germany. I have been to some places who are celebrating it. You don't only witness different colorful costumes of many styles and designs but you will also see the live performance of different bands and musicians. I also witnessed some participants of the Fasching parade using headphones as part of their costumes. I remember my cousin who is a performer and singer who is also using a headphone sometimes when she performs. I am not quite sure if it is an audio technica bphs1 but I know she is using a good one.

Fasching or carnival is a part of the German customs and traditions. Some of the most famous Fasching in Germany are held in Cologne, Mainz and Dusseldorf. If you are visiting Germany in the future, why not experience this festival as well. The carnival session, also known as the "Fifth Season", begins each year on 11 November at 11:11 a.m. and finishes on Ash Wednesday of the following year with the main festivities happening around Rosenmontag.

I hope,  I can  experience the   celebration of Fasching festival in  these  cities who are famous  for it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope 2014 proves to be a good year for you and yours!

ShareThis