Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Visiting Salzburg, the Birthplace of the Famous Composer Mozart

It great to browse some photo albums from my previous travels. It took me almost two hours seeing some pictures from Turkey, Czech Republic, Italy, Netherlands, France, Switzerland, Hungary, Austria, United States of America, Canada, Lithuania, Sweden, Russia, England, Ireland and a lot more. I can't imagine traveling to over 30 countries as of now. Thanks God for the opportunity to see and experience many places and countries inspite living a simple life. Indeed, I felt blessed!

The yellow building is the birthplace of the famous composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
It has been my wish to visit Salzburg, a beautiful city in Austria. And if you are more familiar with this city, it is also the birthplace of the famous 18th-century composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Salzburg is listed in the UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997 due to its internationally renowned beautiful baroque architecture. It is also one of the best-preserved city centres north of the Alps.

I have been to Salzburg for the fourth time already. I accompanied some friends in all of my visits there. One of my favorite streets in this city is the Getreidegasse, literally means the "Grain Street". This is where you can find a lot of signature shops. There is also a music house or a store that sells various music instruments. If you cannot visit Salzburg and want to buy shopping online is the best thing to do. For example, an alto sax mouthpiece from musicians friend is also a good choice if you are looking for one.

The Salzburg   Castle during my second visit in winter 2008.
Experiencing some musical shows in Salzburg  is oen of  the things I miss during  my visits. Although, I already visited it four times, we only spent a day during my visits. I hope in my next visit, I can already have some overnights there.
 
If you are visiting Salzburg,  don't miss  watching the famous "Sound of Music".

No comments:

ShareThis