Friday, July 9, 2010

White Hall SW1, City of Westminster in London, England

Let's go visit again London in England. I have here some images which I took last 2008 during my three weeks vacation in England. I still have a lot of pictures to share about England but it seems that my limit to upload pictures here is almost ending. I will see what I can do. For now, enjoy browsing my Europe travel and adventures here!
I can't exactly remember this building in the City of Westminster but I have below a sign that says WHITEHALL SW1, CITY OF WESTMINSTER! I need to organize my travel images so that I will know what and where did I took the photographs when I travel.
The City of Westminster is a London borough occupying much of the central area of London, England, including most of the West End. It is located to the west of and adjoining the ancient City of London, and its southern boundary is the River Thames. It is an Inner London borough and was created in 1965 when Greater London was established. At its creation Westminster was awarded city status, which had been previously held by the smaller Metropolitan Borough of Westminster. Aside from a number of large parks and open spaces, the density of the district is high. Many sites thought of as being in London are actually in Westminster, including Buckingham Palace, the Houses of Parliament, and 10 Downing Street. The city is divided into a number of localities including the ancient political district of Westminster around the Palace of Westminster; the shopping areas around Oxford Street, Regent Street and Bond Street; and the night time entertainment district of Soho. Much of the city is residential and in 2008 it was estimated to have a population of 236,000. wikipedia

No comments:

ShareThis