Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Market in Strasbourg, France

The Christkindelsmärik called in French as Marché de Noël in Strasbourg, France is an event held annually from November 24 to December 24, 2010. This event was said to begin since 1570 and considered as one of the oldest Christmas markets. It usually takes place at on Place Kléber, Place Broglie, Place du Marché aux cochons de lait and around the Strasbourg cathedral.

We are one of the 1.5 to 2 millions of visitors who witnessed this event this year. I find Strasbourg a very interesting city. Visiting it for some hours is not enough to see all around the city. I am just happy that I experienced this event once in my life. I believed I will be coming back to Strasbourg in the future.

Here are some images I took during our visit last December 13, 2010.

one of the stalls we visited. this is where the bus driver dropped us as we had a walk in the city.

another stall located near the Strasbourg Cathedral.

you never get hungry when visiting a Christmas market. Stall like this is selling crepes filled with marmelade or nougat.

No comments:

ShareThis