Friday, January 28, 2011

My Euro Travel in Knaresborough, England

FB time is over! Now, let's go and travel Europe again. I was browsing some images awhile ago and I landed in Knaresborough. It is an old and historic market town in the Borough of Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England. It is also famous for its spa, thus being called a spa town. I can imagine being like inside some soaking tubs when spending some time in their spa. Sad to say, I only have around one hour sightseeing in this place because I was catching the train back to Birmingham that time. The River Nidd also runs along this town.

There are some sights worthy to see in Knaresborough. It includes the remains of Knaresborough Castle, Mother Shipton's petrifying well, The House in the Rock, and several cave dwellings and a chapel dating from the Middle Ages.

Here are some snapshots I took during my visit last November 2008.

this was taken near the chapel in Knaresborough.

some houses beside River Nidd and the famous viaduct in Knaresborough. I should have taken better images of this bridge.
Knaresborough viaduct is an elegant four-span bridge standing 78ft high above the River Nidd.

another viaduct on River Nidd in Knaresborough.

No comments:

ShareThis