Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sigthseeing in Cordova, Spain

In so many places and countries I visited in Europe and other parts of the world, I would say, Spain is different and simply unique for me. I really can’t get that place out of my head! It’s really stunning!

One of the places we visited there is Cordoba. It is a city in the Andalusian region of southern Spain. Since our hotel was located in Granada that time, we need to ride a bus in going to Cordoba. If I am not mistaken, it is around 200 km away from Granada.

The Gate located near the historic Roman bridge in Cordoba City. I was happy and contented to visit a UNESCO World Heritage site like Cordoba. We were there last Dec. 6, 2011.

The highlight of our visit to this city was the tour we had inside the Mezquita, the Cathedral and former Great Mosque of Córdoba. A day of visit in a lovely city like Cordoba is not enough to see everything. At least, I had the chance to visit and experience it. Who knows I will be there again someday.

walking along the shopping street of Cordoba looking for souvenirs.

It has been estimated that in the 10th century and beginning of the 11th century, Córdoba was the most populous city in the world, and during these centuries became the intellectual center of Europe. Today it is a moderately-sized modern city; its population in 2008 was 325,453.

No comments:

ShareThis