Friday, February 15, 2013

The Statue in front of the Alcazar of Segovia

I visited Segovia once. I was in Madrid that time and made a day-trip to Segovia.  I boarded the Renfe, a fast train in Spain. If you arrive at the train station of Segovia, you still need to take the bus going to the Old Town . I guess it will take around 15 minutes for the ride. 

There were many tourists visiting this historical  city of Segovia when I was there.  The bus where I rode was  full That was quite an adventure for me when I was there because I was alone. I don't have any idea where to go exactly and what sights to see. Good to know that near the aqueduct of Segovia, the tourist  office can be found. I went there immediately and ask for a plan for sights to see. 

That was  quite a short visit in Segovia but at least I had seen it once in my life. 

The Alcazar of Segovia during my visit last March 2012.
 I had a walk around the Old City including the Alcazar of Segovia, the royal palace located on top of a rock between the rivers Eresma and Clamores, is documented for the first time in 1122, although it may exist in earlier time
Monument located in front of the Alcazar of Segovia.
Words encrypted  on the  monument  above.
"A LOS CAPITANES DE ARTILLERIA D. LUIS DAOIZ D.  PEDRO VELARDE LA NACION ESPANOLA."

I translated  these words using google and it  means:  
"TO MASTERS OF ARTILLERY D. Daoiz LUIS D. Pedro Velarde THE SPANISH NATION. "

No comments:

ShareThis