Sunday, September 15, 2013

Booked Christmas Market TripS in Germany

I have been to various Christmas markets in Europe. This is one thing I love to visit especially during holiday season. I just find the atmosphere during this event very interesting and exciting.

I did able to experience many Christmas markets in some places in France, England, Austria, Switzerland and Germany and still hoping to visit more...someday!

Last month,  I received a travel catalogue where various trips are offered. I was already looking for some trips and booked one last month, a trip to Tuscany, a region in Italy for a week. You can find my post about it here.

Christmas market in Bamberg, Germany. Taken  last December 2012 during our visit.
 Last week, I finally decided to book a Christmas market trip to some cities in Germany. I need to book it before September 11 to avail of discounts. There were no more seats to the date I wanted which is written in the travel catalogue they sent me. Thank goodness they offered another dates for that 3-day Christmas market trip.

Included in the places to be visited are Dresden, Marienberg, Meissen and Leipzig. I have been to Dresden two years ago but I still want to go back there. This time I will be visiting during cold winter season but that is not a problem for me. I always pass Leipzig everytime I do some trips in that part of the region but I wasn't able to visit its Altstadt or Old City yet. It will also be my first time in Marienberg and Meissen.

I wanted to search for travel information about these places before our trip commence.

Included in that 3-day trip are 3-star hotel accommodation, bus, breakfast and dinner and the trips to these 4 places. I invited some friends for this trip and we availed a discount because we booked it before September 11. I believed this trip for 118.00 Euros is already very cheap considering the many things included on it. For booking it earlier, we received a 50.00 discount per person.  Truly a good deal! I can already buy souvenirs for that money.

My friends are already very excited about this trip and so do I!

No comments:

ShareThis