Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Shopping in Florence

That trip in Florence was awesome! Although visiting it for a day is not enough, I am still thankful that I was finally there. Florence is indeed a very beautiful and interesting city! It is so far one of the most cities I visited in Europe.

Florence, known as Firenze in Italian, is the capital city of the Italian region of Tuscany and of the province of Florence. The city is noted for its history, culture, Renaissance art and architecture and monuments. It also contains numerous museums and art galleries, such as the Uffizi Gallery and the Pitti Palace, amongst others, and still exerts an influence in the fields of art, culture and politics. These are only some of the reasons why I always wanted to visit Florence.

The famous Ponte Vecchio on the left side. A bridge that crosses river Arno.

How about shopping in Florence? If you are a traveler who loves shopping, Florence is a perfect place for you. I love shopping too everytime I travel. Depending on my budget, I buy what I want as long as there is still money left in my wallet. I wish to buy a birthstone jewelry in the famous bridge in Florence known as Ponte Vecchio. Also known as the Old Bridge, is a Medieval stone closed-spandrel segmental arch bridge over the Arno River, in Florence. You can find many shops in this bridge including jewelry stores, sellers of souvenirs and arts.

Don't forget Florence is also a Fashion capital. There are also a lot of luxury stores in Florence. Famous brands such as Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Bvlgari, Roberto Cavalli and more also found in this city.

I wish I have more time to shop but a day-visit in this city is just not enough. I am glad that I brought home with me some travel souvenirs like postcards, fridge magnets, keychains, travel guide books and more.

No comments:

ShareThis