Friday, September 12, 2014

Planning to Go for Christmas Market Trips Again and Listen to Live Christmas Carols

Hello everyone! I am back here! The busy body finally has a chance to visit this blog. How I wish to have more time giving you updates about my previous travels especially in Europe but it seems that this time is quite more difficult at the moment. I already started a new job since last month and I hope I can stay longer in this job. My wanderlust spirit is calling me again.


Just this evening, I was browsing travel catalogs. Some travel companies are sending it to me from time to time especially if they have new ones. I just received one yesterday and I am planning to visit Christmas markets again in some cities and countries in Europe this year. I am already planning to book some trips when my vacation leave will be approved, hopefully this month.



Some things I love in going to Christmas markets in Europe are the bands and musicians who are performing and singing live Christmas carols. In fact, I already witnessed some of these here in Europe. I am indeed a Musician's Friend because I love listening music and singing too. It is one of my passions. Sad to say, I am a frustrated singer. lolz!

There are a lot of things you can experience in a Christmas market. Popular attractions at the market include the Nativity Scene (a crèche or crib), Zwetschgenmännle (figures made of decorated dried plums), Nussknacker (carved Nutcrackers), Gebrannte Mandeln (candied, toasted almonds), traditional Christmas cookies such as Lebkuchen and Magenbrot (both forms of soft gingerbread), Bratwurst, and for many visitors one of the highlights of the market: Glühwein, hot mulled wine (with or without a shot of brandy), or Eierpunsch (an egg-based warm alcoholic drink).

No comments:

ShareThis