Saturday, December 13, 2014

Enjoyed the Live Entertainment in Marrakesh

Happy holidays to everyone! I know many of you are so busy at the moment. This is very clear since holiday season is around the corner. I am also very busy with so many things especially that I was away for over a week. I just came back from a trip in Africa. I was in Morocco and this is the first country I visited in this continent.
Live performers at Jemaa el-Fnaa, Marakkesh during my recent visit.

One of the places I visited in Morocco is Marrakesh. Wow, I cannot that I was there. It seems that I was only dreaming. I thought I can only watch it on Television but I did already experienced it once in my life. Aah, I have so many stories to share from  my travels but time is so limited now especially that I am already working.

The best experienced I had in Morocco took place in Jemaa el-Fnaa, Marakkesh. It was indeed a very interesting place to witness Moroccan tradition. It has been described as a "world-famous square", "a metaphorical urban icon, a bridge between the past and the present and so on and so forth. It was indeed an amazing experience being there.

I already visited many cities and places around the planet but this place is uncomparable. Jemaa el-Fnaa is  one of the best-known squares in Africa and being there was indeed an awesome experience. The live entertainments of various kinds are simply unforgettable. It took me sometime to watch these two dancers who dance with the beat of Moroccan music. The musicians used guitars and drums to play live music. I can't imagine if they played acoustic guitars from yamaha and for sure, they will produce better  sounds. Never miss Jemaa el-Fnaa when you are in Marakkesh. This is a must to see when in this city.

Jemaa el-Fnaa has been part of the UNESCO World Heritage site since 1985. The name roughly means "the assembly of trespassers" or malefactors.

I have many stories to tell during that visit in Morocco and I  wish I have more time to share them.

Until then and enjoy the holiday season.

No comments:

ShareThis